Ingredients for the Pannacotta
- 3 gelatine leaves
- 250ml / 9fl oz Guernsey Dairy milk
- 250ml / 9fl oz Guernsey Dairy double cream
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways, seeds scraped out
- 25g / 1oz sugar
Preparation for the Pannacotta
- For Pannacotta, soak the gelatine leaves in a little cold water until soft.
- Place milk, cream, vanilla pod and seeds and sugar into pan and bring to simmer. Remove vanilla pod and discard.
- Squeeze water out of gelatine leaves, and then add to pan and take off heat. Stir until gelatine has dissolved.
- Divide mixture among four ramekins and leave to cool. Place into fridge for at least an hour until set.
- To serve, turn each Pannacotta onto a serving plate.
Ingredients for the Shortbread
- 225g / 8oz Guernsey Dairy salted butter, softened
- 110g / 4oz caster sugar (Golden Caster if poss.)
- 225g / 8oz plain flour, sifted
- 150g / 5oz corn flour, sifted
- Caster sugar to dredge
Preparation for the Shortbread
- Place butter and sugar in mixer or food processor, cream until pale.
- Once well amalgamated, add flour and corn flour and blend briefly, just until thoroughly combined. Tip into buttered, Swiss-roll tin (23×33 cm / 9×13 in) and, using floured hands, press down so level all over.
- Prick all over (do this carefully, so that you do not disturb level surface) then bake at 150°C/300°F/Gas 2 for 50-60 minutes. What you are looking for is uniform pale golden all over. Don't allow to become golden brown.
- Remove and dredge all over with caster sugar then cut into squares. Leave for five minutes or so then carefully decant onto wire rack to cool.
- Serve with seasonal local berries.