- 100g / 4oz melted Guernsey Dairy Butter
- 2 shallots finely diced
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 4 sprigs of lemon thyme
- 375g / 14 oz risotto/Arborio rice
- 1 glass of white wine
- 570ml / 1 pint of shellfish stock (from crab shells)
- 225g / 8oz of picked crabmeat
- 100g / 4oz grated Guernsey Dairy cheddar
- 60ml / 2fl oz Guernsey Dairy cream
- A good bunch of finely diced chives
- Lightly sweat the butter, shallots, garlic and thyme together.
- Add the risotto rice and wine - stir until absorbed.
- Add the stock a little at a time.
- Cook at a simmer until the rice becomes tender - adding the stock to ensure a creamy consistency.
- Add the crabmeat, cheese and cream.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the chives.
- Garnish with fresh oregano leaves and tomato concassé.